Mayors of the town
1575 Bartoloměj Hlohovský
The first known mayor of the town
1619 Pavel Lerle
– had disputes with Jan Vlček sr..
1619 – 1848
Names of mayors are unknown
1848 – 1858 Ferdinand Rohsmanith
The town suffered two fires during his time in the office, and court was established in Klimkovice in 1850
1858 – 1863 František Lubojacký
The first mayor of the town
1863 – 1870 MUDr. Antonín Kauřil
Doctor, famous expert in the field of eye diseases. A Czech by origin, who renounced his nationality. Co-founder of the fire brigade, founded civil union in the square
1870 – 1874 Hanibal Luzar
in office for one term
1874 – 1878 František Lubojacký
in office for the second time
1878 – 1885 MUDr. Antonín Kauřil
in office for the second time
1885 – 1895 Josef Bena
A mill owner in Lagnov. Changed his nationality to German. During his time in the office, there were rough ethnic conflicts.
1895 – 1898 MUDr. Jan Moravec
A mill owner in Lagnov. Changed his nationality to German. During his time in the office, there were rough ethnic conflicts
1899 – 1911 Ludvík Kunz
A merchant. During his time in the office, a city water supply was built
1911 – 1923 Josef Teslík
A bridge master of the State Railways. Sokol building was constructed thanks to him. During his time in the office, electrification of the town took place
1923 – 1938 František Vavrečka
A teacher. During his time in the office, the Worker house was built and the Town Hall repaired
1938 – 1945 Josef Rotter
German Bürgermeister during the occupation period. Destroyed the town hall („buduněk“), had the town square paved and built a swimming pool.
1945 – 1946 Josef Franz
A bookseller, first chairman of Revolutinary National Committee.
1946 – 1949 František Malík
Came into office after reorganisation of NV in 1946. During his time in the office, there was patronage event Praha – Klimkovice and apartment house 183 was built.
1949 – 1953 Petr Nencka
A teacher and school director. Collectivization of agriculture took place during his time in the office.
1953 – 1959 Ladislav Zajíc
Head of National Committee of the Agricultural Department. At that time, public buildings were repaired, and tenement house No. 23 was built. The Working house was reconstructed to Cinema Panorama.
1959 – 1961 Josef Langer
During his time in the office, Liberation Monument was built, and kindergarten was built on Street of 28th October.
1961 – 1971 Zdeněk Barvík
During his time in the office, House of services was built, Inn “Na špici” was transformed to cultural house, reconstruction of fire station was conducted, cooperative housing project began, and municipal water mains was connected to Kružberský feeder. A novel concept of new town constructions was developed, new cemetery was the first thing that was built.
1971 – 1983 Miloslav Tomášek
During his time in the office, food centre Lípa was built, and funeral hall was in the new cemetery, and a new elementary school was built.
1983 – 1986 Ing. Stanislav Košař
During his time in the office, sports complex at the elementary school was built, and changing rooms at the swimming pool were constructed.
1986 – 1989 Ing. Jan Vůjtek
During his time in the office, the swimming pool and library were reconstructed (in 1988), and meat and food store was built on Lidická street.
1990 – 1994 JUDr. Ing. Lumír Bilík
During his time in the office, reconstruction of town set of Petr Bezruč took place, construction of new health centre was finished, a network of sewer collectors was built, and construction of new spa Darkov started.
1994 - 1998 Jiří Köhler
Gasification of Hýlov, Josefovice, started gasification of Klimkovice, construction of sewers and wastewater cleaner in Hýlov, repaired roofs and facades of Cinema Panorama, repaired the stairs in the castle building.
1998 – 2010 Ing. Pavel Malík
Gasification of Hýlov, Josefovice, started gasification of Klimkovice, construction of sewers and wastewater cleaner in Hýlov, repaired roofs and facades of Cinema Panorama, repaired the stairs in the castle building
2010 – 2019 Zdeněk Husťák